Monday, July 8, 2013

Trip Time



            In order to get it all down while still fairly fresh on the brain, I am going to write about our trip.  I will explain other things in different posts later down the road.

            I did not go to sleep at all the night of July 1st until about 4:00 a.m.  I had so many last minute things to finish, and I still didn’t get them all accomplished.  It wasn’t as big of a deal that I couldn’t sleep since my parents were the ones who were driving us to Orlando July 2 to catch our evening flight.

            It rained and rained the whole way there, and when we arrived, after a 6+ hour drive, I was told there was a flight delay.  In order to make our connect flight in Ft. Lauderdale, we would have to take a bus.  Ugh… more driving in more rain with a toddler and tons of luggages.  





            We made it to Ft. Lauderdale about 11:00 p.m. EST.  That flight was scheduled to depart about 11:30 p.m., but obviously was delayed while waiting for some of us to get there.  I believe we boarded about 12:30 a.m.  After sitting on the plane for a bit, they tell us it was time to take off… finally!  Suddenly, there was a strange noise on the right side of the plane.  It sounded like when a car battery is dying.  The flight attendant comes back on saying they were having mechanical issues, but the mechanics were working on it so we’d take off shortly.  I won’t lie, I was praying the entire time I was awake. 

            We finally made it to Costa Rica about 2:00-2:30 a.m.  Definitely one of the longest trips I have ever been on. 

            Wednesday morning we woke up and started on our way from San Jose to Sabalito.  At first, I was a little frustrated to be getting back on the road so soon since that is a 6-7 hour trip.  However, after it was all said and done, I was glad we went ahead and got it over with. 

            So, here we are in Costa Rica.  Our journey into our new life begins!
 




                      Eating at Cracker Barrel one last time

       One last picture before boarding the bus for Ft. Lauderdale.  Thank God   for baby carriers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment